18 November, 2012

Get Up, Go Ice Skating at Somerset House

It's Sunday and I'm going ice skating at Somerset House so getting up is by no means hard, nor does it require so much style persuasion to lure me out of bed as the weekday does. However the prospect of putting some of my favourite Winter accessories to their proper intended use does make it even more exciting.

Wrap Up Warm For Ice Skating | Fur Gilet, Scarf, Leopard Print Mittens | London

I'm a huge believer that you can never have too many accessories (or coats) so it can take a while in the morning to decide which items to coordinate on any particular day, but this combination has always been a failsafe. The Topshop gilet was a sale steal a few years ago and the mittens and scarf are both from H&M - you know when you see something you just say to yourself "yep, that's me right there".

Wrap Up Warm For Ice Skating | Scarf, Leopard Print Mittens H&M | London

Its so easy to go down the fairisle route as soon as you feel the first Christmassy chill in the air, but this mix of patterns and textures has such a chic autumnal feel that I can just never resist.

Wrap Up Warm For Ice Skating | Fur Gilet, Scarf, Leopard Print Mittens | London


These Snow Leopard Angora Cut off gloves and Faux Fur Trim Hooded Snood from Accessorize would literally be the perfect pieces to recreate this look and in fact I must bear them in mind in case one of my own mittens goes MIA on the ice...

No comments:

Post a Comment